An original, signed, passport that will be valid for a minimum of six months after the date of expiry of the last visa. The passport must be undamaged and ideally have two blank pages per visa required. If you do not have the necessary spaces available, contact us and we will advise you on the best course of action.
In addition to the passport, for each visa you will also need to provide a visa application form and one recent colour passport photos taken against a plain, white background (two forms and two photos are required for a visa to Uzbekistan), and the following documents:
Azerbaijan Tourist Visa:
The Azerbaijan consulate in London process visas for the nationals of the following countries:
- UK, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark work permit, student visa and residence permit holders.
- Holders of EU member state and EEA (European Economic Area) passports that are residents in the UK, Ireland, Iceland and Denmark.
- Travel document holders of UK, Ireland, Iceland, and Denmark.
Holders of EU member state and EEA (European Economic Area) passports that are resident in the UK, Ireland, Iceland and Denmark must provide a good quality copy of at least two of the following documents to prove their residency:
- Recent utility bill.
- Recent bank statement.
- Recent credit card statement.
- Mobile phone bill/contract.
- A Letter from the NHS.
When filling out an online visa application form, you must select:
- “Tourism (with voucher)” as a type of visa.
- “In person” as a delivery type.
- “Other visas issued during the past 5 years” – as a minimum, confirm those stamped in your current passport (question 14).
- “Business” as an activity of the inviting organisation (question 32).
- Mirvani Travel as the inviting organisation (question 33) with the following details:
Mirvari Travel Ltd.
Istiqlaliyyet str. 23, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: +994 12 492 09 44
- If you do not have an address for the place where you will stay in Azerbaijan, please confirm where you are planning to stay; for example, “no accommodation booked as yet, will be camping on the go”.
Please provide us with your application number and password which will be emailed to you once you have registered your email address with the consulate. We may use these details in case we need to amend any information on your application form.
Turkmenistan Transit Visa:
Real Russia has made special arrangements with the Turkmenistan Consulate in London allowing a facilitated procedure when applying for your transit visa.
This means, however, that all participants transiting Turkmenistan have to decide in advance which country they will arrive from and also which border point they will cross at.
This is a crucial information as once the transit visa permit has been applied for, and this information has been be passed onto the relevant Turkmenistan authorities, you will not be able to change your mind. Please take this into consideration and plan your trip accordingly.
It takes approximately 15 – 20 working days for the Turkmenistan Foreign Ministry in Ashgabat to approve and issue the transit permit with a special code. Once obtained, it will be emailed to you by Go Help. Please make sure that you print it off and keep it in a safe place as you will have to present it at the border/at the Turkmenistan Consulate in Baku, Azerbaijan depending on which way you travel.
There are two ways of applying for your transit visa using the permit:
1. At the border when travelling overland from Iran or Kazakhstan.
- In addition to the printed copy of the transit permit, please have two (2) recent passport size photographs with you. The waiting time for your visa can be anything up to two hours. The cost will be approximately $100-$150 (US Dollars)
2. At the consulate in Baku, Azerbaijan if you are travelling to Turkmenistan by ferry.
- Please note that the visa has to be obtained before you take the ferry to Turkmenistan. Bear in mind that the consulate is only open on Mondays and Fridays from 9.30am until 12.30pm. You will have to present the printed copy of the transit permit, two (2) recent passport size photographs and fill out a visa application form. When confirming the date of entry to Turkmenistan on the form, confirm the actual date of your border crossing with the visa officer in order to ensure it is correct. Once the paperwork has been completed, you will be required to go to the closest bank to pay the relevant visa fee, which should be around $95 (US Dollars), before returning to get your visa stamped.
Please be advised that we have been given these application procedures as guidelines only. We have had no issues regarding these procedures in the past; but if the Turkmen consulate inform us of any change to their requirements we will update this information accordingly.
Once you have decided which border point you will use to enter Turkmenistan, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org following the instructions listed below:
- Please submit one email per team member.
- Name the email “Turkmenistan Transit Visa – Team Name – Name of Team Member“
- Include the following details in the body of the email whilst respecting stated formats:
- SURNAME (block capital letters), First and Middle Name (as stated in your passport), e.g. GRIFFITHS, David Nigel
- Date of Birth (e.g. 24 August 1984)
- Passport Number
- Passport Date of Issue (DD/MM/YY)
- Passport Date of Expiry (DD/MM/YY)
- Anticipated Date of Entry to Turkmenistan (DD/MM/YY)
- Point of Entry (Turkmenbashi from Azerbaijan, Gaudan from Iran and Begdashi from Kazakhstan)
- Cities to be visited/passed by in Turkmenistan - last year, the participants used these four routes approved by the consul and relevant Turkmenistan authorities :
- Entry from Azerbaijan: Turkmenbashi - Ashgabat – Dashoguz – Uzbekistan
- Entry from Azerbaijan: Turkmenbashi - Ashgabat – Mary – Turkmenabat – Uzbekistan
- Entry from Iran : Guadan - Ashgabat – Mary – Turkmenabat - Uzbekistan
- Entry from Kazakhstan: Begdashi - Turkmenbashi - Ashgabat – Mary – Turkmenabat -Uzbekistan
- Please note that you should be allowed to visit other cities too, these routes were selected only for the purpose of getting the transit visa permit.
- Please attach the following files to your email :
- A clear colour scan of your passport information page (please name the file as Your Surname-Transit Visa-passport.PDF)
- If your passport is currently in the hands of Real Russia, please mention this in your email.
- A clear scan of the completed and signed questionnaire found here. Please glue your recent passport size photograph to the designated space.
- We will need to submit the original questionnaire with your photograph to the Turkmenistan consulate so please post it to us at your earliest opportunity to the following address:
- Real Russia Ltd
Unit 5, The Ivories
6 Northampton Street
N1 2HY, London
- The deadline for submitting the listed documents is 1st May 2014 (this date is TBC). Please bear in mind that we will have only one opportunity to apply so if you miss this deadline we will not be able to obtain the transit visa permit for you.
Uzbekistan Tourist Visa:
- Copies of all used pages in the passport, including the front page. We will make copies of any visas which we obtain on your behalf as a part of your Charity Rally journey.
- When filling out the application form, please indicate the following as the purpose of your visit: “Auto-tourism, travelling by car as part of the Roof of the World Charity Rally”.
Tajikistan Tourist Visa:
- A cover letter from yourself explaining the purpose of your visit. Please click here, to get a template.
- For those travelling to the GBAO or Pamir regions, please confirm this on the cover letter and also indicate that on the application form; question 21.
- When completing the visa application form please indicate the following in question 21 (Purpose of visit): Auto-tourism, travelling by car as a part of the Mongolian Charity Rally.
- Question 22 (Place of stay) should read: ”Accommodation to be arranged later/will be camping on the go/hotel details if already booked” (choose whichever is appropriate). If you have booked your hotel, please send us your booking confirmation.
Visa support documents and official invitations
Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan (for some nationalities only) and Kyrgyzstan (for all those who require a visa) require official visa support documentation, which we will take care of.
The relevant fees for these, except Kyrgyz invitations, are already included in the prices quoted above. This is because most nationalities do not require an invitation in order to obtain visas to these nations. We will contact you with the relevant information if you need one, and advise you of any additional costs or documents required. The invitation can be ordered while we are processing your other visas so, if you do require one, it should not prolong the processing time.