G79 and G80 high-speed trains
Fuxing High-Speed Train
Yeti-Hunter / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
A modern and stylish way to travel between China and Hong Kong, the high-speed Fuxing trains are the perfect choice for business commuters. The new high-speed Guangzhou – Kowloon line opened in September 2018 allows direct access between Beijing – Hong Kong in a fraction of the time, travelling at around 186mph.
G79 and G80 trains have second, first and business class available.
2nd class includes: Seats are arranged in one row of 2 and another row of 3 across the car width, you will be assigned a seat. A bistro service is available on the train although not included in the price of the ticket.
1st class includes: Seats are arranged in two rows of 2 across the car width, you will be assigned a seat. Each row of two will have access to a power socket and have more space than seats in second class. A bistro service is available on the train although not included in the price of the ticket.
Business class includes: Seats are arranged in one row of 2 and another row of 1 across the car width, you will be assigned a seat. All seats include a power socket and recline at the touch of a button; a blanket and cushion are supplied. Your ticket entitles you to one hot tray meal and unlimited Chinese tea, coffee, juices or soft drinks. You ticket will also allow access to a VIP lounge for business class passengers at Hong Kong West Kowloon Terminus.
Why choose this train
- Much faster - The high-speed train takes over half the time of the sleeper train and is therefore a great choice if hard-pressed for time.
- Better for business – the high-speed train is new and often includes better features such as Wifi for those travelling on business.
- A unique experience - It allows you to experience of China’s new high-speed rail network.
Z97 and Z98 overnight sleeper train
Beijing - Hong Kong Hard Sleeper Compartment
The cheapest and most enjoyable way to take in the scenery between Beijing and Hong Kong. The Z97 and Z98 sleeper train is the perfect choice for tourists preferring comfort over efficiency. The train includes a sit-down restaurant carriage serving hot and cold food along with a wash carriage to spruce up before arriving at your destination.
Z97 and Z98 sleeper trains have 3 classes to choose from: hard sleeper, 4-berth soft sleeper and deluxe soft sleeper.
Hard sleeper: A 4-berth sleeper compartment consisting of two bunk beds. The hard sleeper has little room, but includes bed linen, pillows and duvet.
Soft sleeper: A 4-berth sleeper compartment consisting of two bunk beds. The soft sleeper offers much more room than the hard-sleeper and includes bed linen, pillows and duvet.
Deluxe soft sleeper: A 2-berth version of the standard soft sleeper with all the same amenities with the addition of a private toilet.
Beijing - Hong Kong Sleeper Train Wash Compartment
Why choose this train
- Cheaper - Cheaper than the high-speed train.
- A night’s accommodation included - You will not have to pay for a night’s accommodation in your destination which can work out more expensive.
- Better food - Food is freshly cooked.
- Better amenities - Access to a restaurant and wash car.
- More room - A sleeper compartment will have more space than a second class seat on high-speed trains.