The visa support processing time is calculated in business days, excludes weekends and the day of order. The visa due dates indicated on the order form account for UK and Russian public holidays. However please note that the Russian authorities as well as the Russian consulate usually experience delays shortly after their holiday period is over which extends the processing time beyond these dates. For more details, please see section “Are there any external issues which may affect my visa processing?
The visa support processing time refers to a number of working days that it will take us to issue your visa support documents once we have submitted your application to the Russian authorities. Remember, we can only start processing your application once you have paid and sent us a clear scan or fax of your passport photo page.
While we endeavour to process the orders as quickly as possible, you should note that orders made after 13.00 GMT for telexes and 16.30 GMT for all other types of visa support will be processed the following working day only.
Please note that:
- The Russian authorities will not process applications for invitations for business and multiple entry visa support documents earlier than specific dates for different types of invitation:
- For 12 working day TELEX and 4-6 working day TELEX they will not process them earlier than 45 calendar days from the start date requested. Today we are able to submit these visa support documents for processing that have a start date before: 10 June 2019.
- For multiple entry 18, 14 and 12 working day (not telex) and 12, 8 and 5 working day single / double entry invitation they will not process them earlier than 90 calendar days from the start date requested. Today we are able to submit these visa support documents for processing that have a start date before: 25 July 2019.
- If you apply in advance of the start date applicable to processing the visa support documents, then we will hold your application and apply at the earliest opportunity or you may change the start date to get the visa processing earlier.
- Please bear this in mind when choosing the appropriate business visa support service level. If you require further information, please contact our visa team and we will be happy to help.
- If you are applying for a multiple entry visa then the original invitation will be sent by courier from Russia to our London office and assuming we have all of your other documents the visa application will be lodged at the consulate the next day. We assume a maximum delivery time of 3 working days and this is built into the expected dates shown as is the cost of the courier. Please note that delivery time does not apply to telex invitations which are sent electronically directly to the consulate.
- Please note: if you are travelling to the North Caucasus area (including but not restricted to Vladikavkaz, Magas, Machatschkala, Pyatigorsk) it will take the consulate 21 working days to process your visa, including those requested as "Next Day" services.
The Consular Processing Time is the number of processing days that it will take the Russian Consulate to issue your visa once we have lodged your application with them. We will lodge your application the next consular working day after your invitation (if we are arranging one) has been issued and received in our London office provided that we have got your documents and they are all in order and you are able to visit the Russian Visa Application Centre to give your biometric data (fingerprints) – please click here for more information.
So, to work out how many days your visa will take to process and obtain, add the visa support processing time, the consular processing time and any delivery time for the invitation together.
Please note that we do not need your passport for the whole processing time, just the element where we need to submit it to the consulate. Depending upon the service you select this will be between 3 and 8 business days.