My Tour Favourites (0)
Essential Moscow and St Petersburg Tour
This 5-day experience includes a visit to Red Square and the magical St Basil’s Cathedral as well as private tours of the Church of Spilled Blood and a visit to the Peters and Paul fortress in St Petersburg.
Discover two of the world’s most enigmatic cities in one tour! Experience the rich Soviet and Tsarist history of Moscow alongside St Petersburg’s beautiful bridges, opulent palaces, parks and canals. See the highlights of Moscow and St Petersburg for yourself with this essential 5-day tour. This experience includes a visit to Red Square and the magical St Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow as well as private tours of the Church of Spilled Blood and a visit to the Peters and Paul fortress in St Petersburg.
City tour of Moscow and St Petersburg
Kremlin and Red Square tour
Visit to Peter and Paul Fortress
Private tour for Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
St Basil’s Cathedral
Russia’s official capital, Moscow, is the political and religious heart of the country. The city has the highest density of billionaires, is the world’s most populated inland city and boasts six out of Europe’s ten tallest buildings. It continues to be a major tourist destination in Europe growing year on year with famous attractions including Red Square, St Basil’s Cathedral, and the Kremlin.
The pinnacle of art and culture in Russia, St Petersburg, is one of the country’s most visited destinations and former capital city. Nicknamed the ‘Venice of the North’ due to its elaborate system of canals, the city lies on the Neva River. It is popular with tourists and includes several of Russia’s most famous attractions including the Hermitage Museum, Catherine Palace and the Peterhof.
Where you can stay
A hotel can be the make or break of any experience, and we understand that choosing the right hotel is important to our travellers. Check out our range of hotels ahead of time, and learn more about our standard 3-star options and the luxury 5-star upgrades that are available in the destinations you will be visiting.
Please note that the selection of hotels included here are examples of where you may stay on your tour, we will pick the best option for you based on your travel requirements.
IZZZI by Gostiny Dvor
Maxima Panorama Hotel
IZZZI by Gostiny Dvor
Maxima Panorama Hotel
You may also like
Not quite found what you are looking for? Real Russia are committed to finding you the best tour for your needs. Whether you are after an activity-packed immersive experience or a relaxing vacation with plenty of free time, we have you covered. Here, is a list of tours you may also like, hand-picked by us based on your chosen theme and dates.
from per person
from per person
Dates & Rates
Please select the amount of travellers in your group and language requirement of your guide.
Please select a date
- 24/7 hotline support while you are travelling
- Accommodation as part of the tour
- All tours are COVID-19 secure and offer flexible booking options. Visit our Covid-19 information page to find out more
- Breakfasts at the hotels, 2 lunches
- Entrance fees
- Private professional English-speaking guide (other languages are available)
- Private transfers on arrival and departure in each city; all transportation according to the itinerary
- Russian Tourist Visa Invitation
- Russian visa processing and service costs for UK residents only.
- Standard Class tickets for the Sapsan high-speed train between Moscow and St Petersburg
- TravelSim card (exclusive to tours starting in Moscow)
What’s not included
- Flights or other travel arrangements prior to tour joining point
- Meals, unless specified in the itinerary
- Personal costs (souvenirs, additional snacks etc)
- Photo / video charges
- Visa processing and service costs
- All travellers are asked to check the vaccination requirements before travel. Visit our Vaccines and Health page to find out more
- Any dietary or allergy requirements will need to be disclosed before the start of the tour
- Carrying a water bottle with you is recommended
- Medication should always be taken with you and kept on your person
- Please ensure that you keep any personal documents and valuables on your person at all times
- WIFI will be available at most of the hotels, although mobile coverage may vary in rural areas
- Your local guides will recommend stops where you can go souvenir shopping during your tour
There are no special notes for this tour
Enrich your travel experience with our list of top recommended books from specialist travel guides to compelling novels. Whether you are looking for something to pass the time on the train, or want to get to grips with the local history, reading is essential to turning your trip into a fully-fledged experience.
The ultimate guidebook to the Golden Ring that no tourist can go without! Lonely Planet’s Moscow, St Petersburg and the Golden Ring is packed full of almost everything you need when travelling to these three spectacular regions including the best places to eat, what you need to see while you are there, cultural highlights and more. In addition to its noteworthy insider tips about key attractions such as the Moscow Kremlin, the Peterhof and the many monasteries and cathedrals of the Golden Ring cities, this guide includes regional maps that are invaluable to even the most seasoned traveller.
A masterful anthology documenting Moscow’s turbulent growth through the lives of its people from the bloody reprisals of Peter the Great to the literary greats of the 19th century. The city spent much of its early life in turmoil from being the subject to much greater empires including the Tatars, to being burnt down numerous times, yet rising from the ashes twice as magnificent each time. Kelly’s compelling narrative covers all of Moscow’s major milestones over 700 years in engaging detail. A must-read for anyone interested in the history of Russia.
The ultimate guidebook to Russia that no tourist can go without! Lonely Planet’s Russia is packed full of almost everything you need when travelling to this vast country from how to get around, the best places to eat in its most popular cities, what you need to see while you are there, cultural highlights, currency and more. In addition to its noteworthy insider tips about key attractions such as the Moscow Kremlin, Lake Baikal and the Romanov sites, this guide includes detailed maps that are invaluable to even the most seasoned traveller.
Extras & Upgrades
Customise your experience with our spectacular range of tailor-made tour extras. If you have some free time during your tour and are unsure how to spend it, then our extras may be just what you are looking for, with various activities ranging from an hour long to a full day. Simply, let us know when booking your tour and we can arrange this for you.
Boat trip on the Moskva river
Moscow City Tour at Night
Russian Family Dinner
Tretyakov Gallery Guided tour
Excursion to Peterhof
Excursion to Pushkin
St Petersburg City Tour at Night
The State Hermitage on foot
Enhance your travel experience with one of our available tour upgrades. Whether you are looking to go first class on the train or swap your standard hotel for a luxury 5-star option, our Sales team are on-hand to help. Simply, let us know when booking your tour and we can arrange this for you.