My Tour Favourites (0)
Saami Village Christmas and New Year Experience
What makes the perfect Christmas break? Pinewoods? Warm fires? Or reindeer sledge rides? With this tour, you won’t need to choose. Discover the revived customs of the Saami people through festive dance, games and banquets. If you are looking for that fairy-tale Christmas spirit, then this is the tour for you.
Komi folk ensemble performance
Riding a reindeer sled across the frozen lakes
Time to relax in a Russian sauna
Visit to the local ethnographic museum
Visiting the local Christmas fair
The most Northern city in the Russian Federation, Murmansk has a long history as a naval port strategically located on the Kola Peninsula. Murmansk is primarily an industrial city, however growing interest in major tourist attractions such as the Northern Lights and better transport links between St Petersburg as well as to Norway and Finland are making the city an up-and-coming tourist destination.
A rural village settlement situated in Russia’s Northern Murmansk Oblast, Krasnoshchelye Village stands 157m above sea level beyond the Arctic circle, on the Kola Peninsula. The settlement is primarily home to the native Izhma Komi and Saami people and has a distinct culture from those of the nearby Russian settlements. The village is best known as the filming location of “The Tundra Race” by German director René Harder, which portrays the village and its inhabitants.
Where you can stay
A hotel can be the make or break of any experience, and we understand that choosing the right hotel is important to our travellers. Check out our range of hotels ahead of time, and learn more about our standard 3-star options and the luxury 5-star upgrades that are available in the destinations you will be visiting.
Please note that the selection of hotels included here are examples of where you may stay on your tour, we will pick the best option for you based on your travel requirements.
69 Parallel Hotel
Guesthouse in Saami village
69 Parallel Hotel
Guesthouse in Saami village
You may also like
Not quite found what you are looking for? Real Russia are committed to finding you the best tour for your needs. Whether you are after an activity-packed immersive experience or a relaxing vacation with plenty of free time, we have you covered. Here, is a list of tours you may also like, hand-picked by us based on your chosen theme and dates.
from per person
from per person
Dates & Rates
Please select the amount of travellers in your group and language requirement of your guide.
Please select a date
- Accommodation as part of the tour
- All tours are COVID-19 secure and offer flexible booking options. Visit our Covid-19 information page to find out more
- Car transfers to/from Murmansk to/from Lovozero
- English speaking guide (other options available)
- Entrance tickets to the local museum and ethno-cultural centre
- Russian Tourist Visa Invitation
- Transfer to/from Lovozero to/from Krasnoschelye on a sledge pulled by a snowmobile
- Transport as part of the tour
What’s not included
- Additional food or drink
- International flights / transport
- Meals, unless specified in the itinerary
- Optional excursions and activities
- Personal costs (souvenirs, additional snacks etc)
- Tips for drivers/guides/in restaurants
- Travel / medical insurance
- Visa processing
- All travellers are asked to check the vaccination requirements before travel. Visit our Vaccines and Health page to find out more
- Any dietary or allergy requirements will need to be disclosed before the start of the tour
- Carrying a water bottle with you is recommended
- Medication should always be taken with you and kept on your person
- Please ensure that you keep any personal documents and valuables on your person at all times
- This is a group tour which requires a minimum number of passengers to join the tour. Click here for more information about group tours.
- WIFI will be available at most of the hotels, although mobile coverage may vary in rural areas
- Your local guides will recommend stops where you can go souvenir shopping during your tour
Please note that this tour requires a minimum number of passengers in order to go ahead. Please ensure you have suitable clothing with you including thermowear, several pairs of warm socks, sweater with high sliver, warm cap and gloves for evenings. You will need to bring your own swimwear in order to use the sauna. As you will be visiting a remote location, you should also make sure that you have packed any essential medicines and prescription medication before you leave.
Enrich your travel experience with our list of top recommended books from specialist travel guides to compelling novels. Whether you are looking for something to pass the time on the train, or want to get to grips with the local history, reading is essential to turning your trip into a fully-fledged experience.
The ultimate guidebook to Russia that no tourist can go without! Lonely Planet’s Russia is packed full of almost everything you need when travelling to this vast country from how to get around, the best places to eat in its most popular cities, what you need to see while you are there, cultural highlights, currency and more. In addition to its noteworthy insider tips about key attractions such as the Moscow Kremlin, Lake Baikal and the Romanov sites, this guide includes detailed maps that are invaluable to even the most seasoned traveller.
Arctic Requiem: The Murmansk Run (The Quiet Captain Book 2)
Set during the turbulent times of World War II after the fall of France, Poland and Belgium, Arctic Requiem is a gripping tale that follows the lives of Captain McKnight and their dangerous mission to cross the Arctic Ocean in an effort to deliver precious war relief from President Roosevelt to help England and Russia turn the tide in the war. Aaron and Hunt effortlessly detail the struggles of the crew from the punishing conditions of the Arctic climate to the constant threat of German saboteurs working to stop them in their tracks.
Extras & Upgrades
Sorry, we currently do not have any extras readily available for this tour. However, if you are interested in customising your travel experience, please contact our Sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Sorry, we currently do not have any upgrades readily available for this tour. However, if you are interested in customising your travel experience, please contact our Sales team at email@example.com for assistance.