My Tour Favourites (0)
Trans-Siberian Express Westbound
Our fast-track Trans-Siberian experience! The Trans-Siberian Express Westbound will take you on an epic journey from Vladivostok, continuing through Siberia past the legendary Lake Baikal, before traversing European Russia and arriving in Moscow, Russia’s enigmatic capital. The Trans-Siberian Express is perfect for backpackers those with a passion for rail travel, offering a more affordable, authentic rail experience. This 9-day experience follows the world-famous Trans-Siberian Railway, spending a day in Vladivostok before crossing the Siberian heartlands on the way to Moscow.
Russian Tourist Visa Invitation
All relevant Trans-Siberian, Trans-Mongolian and Trans-Manchurian rail tickets
Transfers for all departures and arrivals at each city
A transfer with a personal guide to accompany you to the train on the start of your journey
Breakfast at all hotels, homestays and other accommodation
The administrative centre of Primorsky Krai, Vladivostok meaning ‘Rule in the East’ in Russian, is situated in the far east of Russia around Golden Horn Bay. The city is famous for its harbour location as the home port of the Russian Pacific Fleet and being the final stop on the Trans-Siberian Railway. Tourists are attracted to its many military sites left over from the Russo-Japanese War and the beautiful Russky Island.
Stretching 5772 miles from Moscow to the naval port of Vladivostok in Russia’s Far East, the Trans-Siberian is Russia’s principal railway route. The original route was constructed in the 20th century and has since been expanded to include several new branches to Ulaanbaatar, Harbin, and Beijing, via the Trans-Mongolian and Trans-Manchurian railways.
Russia’s official capital, Moscow, is the political and religious heart of the country. The city has the highest density of billionaires, is the world’s most populated inland city and boasts six out of Europe’s ten tallest buildings. It continues to be a major tourist destination in Europe growing year on year with famous attractions including Red Square, St Basil’s Cathedral, and the Kremlin.
Where you can stay
A hotel can be the make or break of any experience, and we understand that choosing the right hotel is important to our travellers. Check out our range of hotels ahead of time, and learn more about our standard 3-star options and the luxury 5-star upgrades that are available in the destinations you will be visiting.
Please note that the selection of hotels included here are examples of where you may stay on your tour, we will pick the best option for you based on your travel requirements.
A-Hotel Amur Bay
A-Hotel Amur Bay
You may also like
Not quite found what you are looking for? Real Russia are committed to finding you the best tour for your needs. Whether you are after an activity-packed immersive experience or a relaxing vacation with plenty of free time, we have you covered. Here, is a list of tours you may also like, hand-picked by us based on your chosen theme and dates.
Dates & Rates
Please select the amount of travellers in your group and language requirement of your guide.
Please select a date
- A transfer with a personal guide to accompany you to the train on the start of your journey
- Accommodation as part of the tour
- All relevant Trans-Siberian, Trans-Mongolian and Trans-Manchurian rail tickets
- All tours are COVID-19 secure and offer flexible booking options. Visit our Covid-19 information page to find out more
- Breakfast at all hotels, homestays and other accommodation
- Half day guided tour with excursions: Vladivostok
- Russian Tourist Visa Invitation
- Transfers for all departures and arrivals at each city
What’s not included
- Flights or other travel arrangements prior to tour joining point
- Meals, unless specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as souvenir shopping, or extra food and drink not included in the itinerary
- Visa processing and service costs
- All travellers are asked to check the vaccination requirements before travel. Visit our Vaccines and Health page to find out more
- Any dietary or allergy requirements will need to be disclosed before the start of the tour
- Carrying a water bottle with you is recommended
- Medication should always be taken with you and kept on your person
- Please ensure that you keep any personal documents and valuables on your person at all times
- WIFI will be available at most of the hotels, although mobile coverage may vary in rural areas
- Your local guides will recommend stops where you can go souvenir shopping during your tour
There are no special notes for this tour
Enrich your travel experience with our list of top recommended books from specialist travel guides to compelling novels. Whether you are looking for something to pass the time on the train, or want to get to grips with the local history, reading is essential to turning your trip into a fully-fledged experience.
The ultimate guidebook to Russia that no tourist can go without! Lonely Planet’s Russia is packed full of almost everything you need when travelling to this vast country from how to get around, the best places to eat in its most popular cities, what you need to see while you are there, cultural highlights, currency and more. In addition to its noteworthy insider tips about key attractions such as the Moscow Kremlin, Lake Baikal and the Romanov sites, this guide includes detailed maps that are invaluable to even the most seasoned traveller.
The ultimate guidebook to Moscow that no tourist can go without! Lonely Planet’s Moscow is packed full of almost everything you need when travelling to any destination from how to get around the city, the best places to eat, what you need to see while you are there, cultural highlights and more. In addition to its noteworthy insider tips, this guide includes detailed maps that are invaluable to even the most seasoned traveller.
Extras & Upgrades
Customise your experience with our spectacular range of tailor-made tour extras. If you have some free time during your tour and are unsure how to spend it, then our extras may be just what you are looking for, with various activities ranging from an hour long to a full day. Simply, let us know when booking your tour and we can arrange this for you.
Vladivostok Walking Tour
Boat trip on the Moskva river
Moscow City Tour at Night
Moscow City Tour by car
Russian Family Dinner
Tretyakov Gallery Guided tour
Enhance your travel experience with one of our available tour upgrades. Whether you are looking to go first class on the train or swap your standard hotel for a luxury 5-star option, our Sales team are on-hand to help. Simply, let us know when booking your tour and we can arrange this for you.